Zur Deutschen Version

German students with study experience abroad

German students with study experience abroad are male and female German nationals who are enrolled at a German higher education and had in the past - prior to the current period under report - studied at a foreign higher education institution.

According to the stipulations of the Higher Education Statistics Act, higher education institutions are required to provide data on studies and study periods completed abroad before the current semester; in fact, they are not only required to record German but also foreign students who go abroad to complete a study-related stay. These required data would provide comprehensive information on study sections completed abroad. However, the administrative procedures practised by many higher education institutions that deviate from the recording guidelines for official statistics mean that these data are recorded in such fragmentary manner that the results at hand are neither valid nor usable.

see: German students abroad

previous | next

Hinweis auf Druckansucht Printversion | Terms of use